Offshore Sports Betting
Offshore betting is better than your bookie
Before the Internet brought the ability to bet on sports right into your home, you used to have to make your picks with the local bookie. Surprisingly there are still sports bettors out there that have not made the transition from their bookie to offshore sports books.
Comparing your bookie to offshore sports books isn't even fair, because in almost any argument you can come up with the offshore book wins every time. Here are five quick ways online offshore books are better than the bookies down the street.
- Convenience - With online sports books you can bet any time you want, 24 hours a day, seven days week. The minute you hear a piece of news that may affect an outcome of a game available for betting, you can be online in seconds and place your bet. No matter how good your bookie is, he or she can't be as readily available as an online sports book.
- Security - Betting with a bookie is illegal so there's always a chance you won't get your winnings if your bookie gets arrested or decides to keep your money. If they do keep your money, who are you going to complain to? When you're dealing with a reputable online sports book, you know your winnings will be paid in a timely manner every time; Check our list of reputable places to bet sports online.
- Bonuses and Promotions - When was the last time your bookie offered you some free cash? Probably never. Due to increased competition, most sports books have to offer some kind of incentive to hook potential customers that might be on the fence. The next time you see your bookie ask for a rebate on your bets and see what they have to say.
- Online singularities - There are many things that an online sports book can offer you that a bookie can't. Most bookies will only take bets that are over a certain amount. On most sports books you can make bets of $1 or possibly less. This allows you to bet as much or as little as you want at any given time. Online books also provide you with unsurpassed availability. If you can get online, you can bet.
- Futures/Prop/Parlays/Teasers etc. - Online sports books provide an unmatchable variety of betting options. How many bookies allow you to bet on the winner of the next World Series just days into November? How many bookies would even have odds for such a bet? An online sports book will provide you with more things to bet on and more ways to bet than any bookie