Los Angeles Chargers and the Tennessee Titans Pick ATS
We switch to Week 2 where we have an interesting matchup between the Los Angeles Chargers and the Tennessee Titans on September 17, 2023, at 1:00 PM at the Nissan Stadium. Both teams are entering this matchup with a 0-1 record, keen to register their first win of the season. According to Bet365, the Chargers are slightly favored with a moneyline of -150, a spread of -3, and an over/under total of 45. Let's look at a handful of reasons to bet on the Chargers.
Los Angeles Chargers
The Chargers are coming off a tight loss against Miami on September 10, with a scoreline of 34-36. Despite the loss, they showcased a potent offense, racking up 433 total yards (234 rushing and 199 passing). However, their defense seemed porous, allowing 536 total yards to Miami.
The Titans also faced a narrow defeat in their opening game against the New Orleans Saints, ending 15-16. They managed to accumulate 285 total yards, with a fairly balanced attack consisting of 104 rushing and 181 passing yards. Their defense held up reasonably well, conceding 351 yards.
Top 5 Reasons to Bet on the Chargers
- Offensive Firepower: It's only one game, but the Chargers demonstrated that their offense will once again be potent this season, with 34 points scored on 433 yards of offense against the decent offense of the Dolphins.
- Yards Per Rush Advantage: The Chargers hold an advantage in yards per rush, both offensively and defensively, indicating a stronger ground game.
- Head-to-Head Dominance: The Chargers have an impressive record against the Titans, winning 8 out of the last 10 encounters.
- Recent Head-to-Head Victory: In their most recent match on Dec 18, 2022, the Chargers got the "W" with a 17-14.
- Strong ATS Record on the Road: The Chargers have covered the spread in 7 of their last 10 road games, indicating that they are undervalued by the Linesmaker, performing above expectations.
Chargers vs Titans Betting Pick
I don't like laying points on the road. Especially on a team switching coasts, but the Chargers offense really stands out here and if they can keep the Titans running game in check, they can win this by more than the -3 posted line.