Winnipeg Jets at Nashville Predators Game 5 Pick - Odds and Predictions
This is another series that has gone back and worth so far between two closely-matched Central Division foes. The Jets took a 2-1 series lead into Thursday’s home game against Nashville, but they were on the wrong end of a 2-1 loss as -140 favorites. The total stayed UNDER six goals after going well OVER the closing total line in high-scoring contests the last two games. Before Thursday, Winnipeg had scored a combined 20 goals in its previous four outings. The second-highest scoring team in the league in the regular season has gotten a significant effort from Mark Scheifele (8 goals, four assists) in the playoffs.
Bet your Winnipeg/Nashville Game 5 Pick at a sportsbook where your credit card will work for depositing and where if you deposit $100 you get an additional $100 FREE! --> Intertops.
Nashville goalie Pekka Rinne was tagged with three or more goals in each of his previous three playoff games, but he returned to form in Thursday’s win with 32 saves on 33 shots. His GAA through 10 postseason appearances is 2.86 verse a 2.31 GAA in the regular season. At the other end of the ice, Filip Forsberg and Austin Watson have had the hot hand in the postseason with five goals apiece. The Predators have seven different players with at least three goals through their first ten games in the playoffs.
Winnipeg at Nashville Betting Trends
- The game total has gone Under in 5-0 of the Jets last 5 games after scoring 2 or less goals in previous game.
- The Predators are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win.
- Nashville is 13-3 in their last 16 games after scoring 2 or less goals in a previous game.
- Winnipeg is 2-5 in their last 7 games in Nashville.
- The Home team has won 9-4 in their last 13 meetings.
- Mathieu Perreault C Ques Sat - Shoulder
- Dmitry Kulikov D Out indefinitely - Back
- Calle Jarnkrok C Ques Sat - Undisclosed
Winnipeg at Nashville Prediction 05/05/2018
Each team in this series has posted a win at home and a win on the road in another matchup that should go the distance. While my lean for Saturday night in Game 5 is towards Nashville as the home favorite, I see both teams lighting up the scoreboard enough times to take this game OVER another six-goal line.