Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 Pick - Odds and Predictions
Washington lost the series opener to its bitter rivals 3-2 as a -123 home favorite last Thursday, but it evened the slate on Sunday with a convincing 4-1 victory as a -145 favorite at home for Game 2. The Capitals got an early first-period goal from Alex Ovechkin on their way to building a 3-0 lead early in the second period in Sunday’s win. The top star of that games was goalie Braden Holtby for turning away 32 of the 33 shots he faced. In Game 1, he got tagged for three goals in the third period on just eight Pittsburgh shots.
Bet your San Jose at Vegas Game 2 Playoff Pick at a sportsbook where your credit card will work for depositing and where if you deposit $100 you get an additional $100 FREE! --> Intertops.
The Penguins trailed for most of the way in the first two games on this series, but they still managed to wrestle the home-ice advantage away from Washington in the two-game split. Last season when these two met in the conference semifinals, Pittsburgh won the first two games on the road before losing Game 3 at home. It went on to eliminate the Capitals in seven games. So far in this year's playoffs, the Penguins have gotten a significant effort from center Jake Guentzel with seven goals and ten assists in eight games. Sidney Crosby has also scored seven goals with eight assists. Matt Murray has gone the distance in goal, and he has posted a 2.29 goals-against average over those eight starts.
Capitals at Penguins Betting Trends
- Washington is 7-0 in their last 7 road games against a team with over .600 winning percentage.
- The Capitals are 5-1 in their last 6 games vs. Eastern Confrence.
- Pittsburgh is 8-0 in their last 8 games when allowing an opponent 2 or less goals in previous game.
- The Capitals are 3-8 in their last 11 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- The game total has gone over 8-1 in Pittsburgh’s last 9 home games vs a team with a winning record.
- T.J. Oshie RW Prob Tues - Hand
- Andre Burakovsky LW Out indefinitely
- Evgeni Malkin C Ques Tues - Leg
- Brian Dumoulin D Ques Tues - Upper Body
- Carl Hagelin LW Ques Tues
Get more details: Washington at Pittsburgh NHL Match-Up
Washington at Pittsburgh Prediction 05/01/2018
It what should be a back-and-forth series that once again goes the distance, I will go with Pittsburgh to regain the series edge with a victory on Tuesday night.
Get you bets down on a reputable online sportsbook at BetOnline Sportsbook and get a 50% deposit bonus up to $2500 FREE! In-Game wagering and more check them out!