Texas Longhorns at Texas Tech Pick
The Texas Longhorns travel to Lubbock to take on the Texas Tech Red Raiders tonight. Tip-off for the game is scheduled for 9 PM ET at the United Supermarkets Arena. The NCAA betting board lists the host Red Raiders as a -8.5 point favorite with the total line offered up at 133 points.
Texas comes into this game off a nice 86-69 win over Iowa State easily getting the point spread cover in a "pick’em” game. The victory broke off a two-game losing streak by the Longhorns, but they haven’t been burning bettors’ bankrolls winning four straight versus the number. The combined 155 points put up on the board resulted in their third consecutive OVER.
In the Big 12, this season Texas has gone 8-8 going 6-2 at home and 2-6 on the road. Against the spread, they were a juice losing 4-4 at home but an excellent 6-2 on the road.
Texas Tech will look to continue their winning ways after assembling a nice 9-1 run including seven consecutive victories. The linesmaker continues to undervalue the Red Raiders who recorded against the spread wins in six of those games. Scoring hasn't been a problem for TTU in the recent games getting past the total line in four straight.
In conference play, Texas Tech has managed a 12-4 W/L record going 7-1 at home and 5-3 away. For bettors, it has been a mixed bag with the Red Raiders 4-3-1 ATS at home and 4-4 as a visitor.
Sign up at an online sportsbook with your credit card (high acceptance) or use your BITCOIN account! Bovada Sports Book. Best underdog lines too!
Team vs. Team
These two squads played back on January 12th at the Frank Erwin Center where the TTU came away with a 68-62 victory as a -1.5 road dog. The win was the third straight for the Red Raiders but the first vs. the line in five games. The O/U line of 123.5 was surpassed by the 130 combined points put up on the board for the third consecutive OVER in this series.
Texas at Texas Tech Betting Trends
- Texas is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 5 games
- Texas is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Texas Tech
- Texas is 15-7 ATS in its last 22 games when playing on the road against Texas Tech
- Texas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Texas Tech
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games when playing on the road against Texas Tech
- Texas Tech is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas Tech's last 5 games at home
- Texas Tech is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Texas
- Texas Tech is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Texas
- Texas Tech is 7-17 SU in its last 24 games when playing at home against Texas
The Longhorns guard Kerwin Roach II is out serving and will miss his third straight. Roach is the team’s leading scorer with 14.4 points per game and is also their most aggressive guard.
- Get more details: Texas at Texas Tech NCAAB Match-up
Texas at TTU Prediction 3/4/19
Sure the 8.5 points is a lot to give up, but I believe I have enough to substantiate backing the Red Raiders tonight. In the first match, Texas playing at home were outscored by ten in the second half to fall by six, and we're only asked to lay 2.5 more points. The Longhorns will be without their leading scorer Kerwin Roach II this time around who had a team-leading 17 points and five assists in the loss. IN his absence they did give Baylor all they could handle in an OT loss and blew out Iowa State getting it done with the long ball. The Texas shooters hit on 60% of their 3-point shots versus Iowa State and 55.6% against Baylor but now face one of the top 3-pt defenses in the nation. I believe the loss of Roach II catches up to them tonight.
Looking for more free predictions from our handicapping team? Get Free NCAAB Picks each day throughout the College basketball season!